Sunday, March 6, 2011

from where you are

More than a heartbreak, this hole in my heart feels extra empty these days.  On March 17, it will be the one year anniversary of my dad passing. I can't believe that a whole year has gone by. It seriously feels like yesterday that he was healthy and we were out on the lake in the summertime. It still doesn't seem like reality.  Next week is my spring break from classes and I'll be heading home.  I still think that he will be there. I still think that if I call him he will answer.  I still think that he will be there to walk me down the aisle. I still think that he will be there to meet his grandchildren. I don't know if I believe in ghosts or if people can talk to you once they have died but I wish I could feel him with me.  I wish there were signs that he was around me.  I really miss him.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking about you this week and praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete